Gardenia fragrances are often described as "creamy", "rich" and "sultry", and this scent embodies them all. With notes of gardenia, tuberose and lemon peel, this is our most flower-forward fragrance.
Each candle is hand-poured in the US by our partner, Prosperity Candle, a social enterprise that supports women refugees and artisans through candle-making.
The design of the porcelain Arc Candle was inspired by the warm glow of paper lanterns. These special vessels were created in collaboration with a maker skilled at creating porcelain so thin that it has the translucency of paper when illuminated. The vessel can be repurposed as a bud vase, votive holder, planter, or pencil cup.
- 10 ounces, 284 grams
- 70 hours of burn time
- 4" high x 3" diameter
- Hand-poured in the US
- Vessel is dishwasher safe, food safe and microwave safe
- Clean-burning, vegan coconut-blend wax
- Paraben-free & phthalate-free fragrances
- Trim the wick to 1/4" - 1/8" each time you burn your candle. This is to ensure a clean burn, free from black soot. If you do see some soot accumulate on your vessel, simple wipe it away with a damp, soapy cloth.
- Avoid drafty locations, as this also increases soot and uneven burning.
- Each time you light your candle, plan to let the wax melt all the way across the surface. Our coconut blend wax has a relatively low melting point, so you'll find that this takes less time for our candles than for some others, but usually about an hour. This will prevent what's known as tunneling (unconsumed wax on the sides of the vessel), which shortens burn time.
To remove the wax from the jar once the candle has been consumed, we recommend using a butter knife to dislodge the wick from the bottom, as well as any remaining wax. Heat your oven to 200 degrees. Place the vessel upside down on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Leave in place for 15-20 minutes, or until the wax has drained out. Wipe with a paper towel, and wash with soap and water. The vessel is also dishwasher safe.
Reusing the Vessel:
The vessel is made of high quality porcelain, and is dishwasher, microwave and food safe. Ideas for repurposing:
- Bud vase
- Votive holder
- Cocktail glass
- Makeup brush holder
- Pencil cup